Friday, May 29, 2015

18th Century Printed Cotton Research

Overview

I want to share the results of my research, such as it is, into the history of printed cottons. Rather than create one long dissertation-like post, I will break it down by subject. My goal is to clarify - if possible - the quanities and types of printed cottons used for clothing, especially for the middle- and lower-classes in the colonies in the years leading up to the American Revolutionary War. This will be a fluid set of posts until I am finished.

Hopefully these posts will contribute to the general understanding of printed fabric without spreading too much speculation or misinformation. If anyone has any questions, comments or criticisms, please feel free to comment. I'll gladly correct anything I have wrong.

My citation system is simple: (Source as numbered in the bibliography, page number)

Entries:
(Links will be added as I post the entries)

No comments:

Post a Comment